Descripción del Trabajo
The Director of Advanced Planning is responsible to lead and develop the infrastructure of overall planning processes for a Global customer. This role will work closely with the Sector SCDM and BU management teams to develop and implement best in class supply chain strategies and systems solution. Interact directly with the customer in managing customer’s demand and determine the appropriate method in internal materials planning. Optimize the usage and cost of materials investment with agreed customer service level. Influence and effect training on the sector planning personal to improve performance. Drive continuous improvement in key Planning metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and layout the infrastructure to roll out best in class planning processes.
• Assess and lead the development and deployment of material planning strategies appropriate to the assigned sector or customer(s), in concert with the SCDM and the BU management team.
• Collaborate with Jabil’s Operations team to develop advanced planning solutions that improve Jabil’s performance with agreed customer service levels.
• Establish joint quarterly planning improvement objectives for assigned sector, customer(s) with BU, OPS, and SCM groups.
• Effectively present, influence, and educate the customer on best planning practices and disciplines.
• Responsible for reducing inventory investment and maintaining/improving customer service levels for assigned sector or customer(s).
• Develop and monitor assigned GPM/GDPs for assigned sector or customers as required.
• Coach and mentor local functional managers to deliver industry leading results to assigned sector or customer(s).
• Establish dependent objectives for GPM/GDPs or site Master Planners depending on size of BU.
• Establish proper Planning processes to ensure demand is managed in alignment with customer contract(s), liability agreements and internal revenue forecasts so that conformance to Jabil’s “Rules of the Road” is maintained.
• Drive a systematic process solution to receive, evaluate and fulfill customer demand across assigned sectors and/or customer(s).
• Ensure the execution and deployment of Jabil’s standard planning strategies and systems are in place where possible, and implement customized solutions where necessary.
• Provide relevant data analysis and participate in Jabil’s monthly forecast cycle for assigned sector or customer(s) as required.
• Demonstrate effective leadership and cooperation with the BU and functional management teams within the factories for assigned sector or customer(s).
• Understand the assigned industry sector business requirements so appropriate strategies can be developed and communicated to the customer.
• Define and monitor key performance metrics. Provide regular updates regarding realized improvements to Senior Management.
• Hold assigned resources accountable to the results in improved cash management as well as customer service.
• Continue to develop advanced planning skills for self and assigned resources.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr Director Advanced Planning
• Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages (SAP, RR, & Excel)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer contracts, liability agreements and procedures
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to train, effect and influence
• Ability to speak effectively in the groups of customers or employees of organization
• Ability to communicate to all levels, upward and downward
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages,
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, and geometry.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Advanced analytical and statistical skills
• Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Thorough understanding of Supply Chain processes and systems from philosophically and transactional perspectives.
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelors degree + 15 years of related experience, or Masters + 12 years of related experience, or PhD + 8 years of related experience
• Also requires 4+ years of supervisory experience
• Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.