Descripción del Trabajo
The Senior Design Engineer will have a defined area of expertise either in a particular competency or industry. They will have mastered technology specific to their area of competence. Will be able to convey technical solutions to other engineers and to business personnel. Will have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications. Capable of being the lead engineer involved in a cross functional team. They will be able to drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines. Will have previous experience of releasing a product into a manufacturing production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Would be considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency.
Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Work with Project Managers and Lead Design Engineer in the quoting process
· Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design/VAVE.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, provide a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc. /provide complete VAVE proposal to be submitted to the customer consisting of detailed proposals, models/simulations/schematics, BOM’s etc.
· Participate in all elements of design/VAVE engineering including design reviews and design verification, supply chain & supplier interaction, transfer to design/manufacturing.
· Mentoring design engineers I,II & III, technicians and ECAD designers
· Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 7-8 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer III
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.