Descripción del Trabajo
The Commercial Finance Controller works closely with the Plant Finance Controller and Operational teams to introduce appropriate operational metrics and KPIs to ensure manufacturing performance is measured appropriately for each respective business and product group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Being that the Commercial Finance Sr Director role is an essential part to the organization and as it drives a huge impact to business performance, providing a track record of delivery and proven experience is required.
· Play an innovative and active role in providing financial advice and assistance on business issues.
· Look forward to the market, customer and product roadmaps and opportunities, assess and provide guidance on future revenue/income streams and direct the business and operational leadership accordingly to introduce appropriate agreements and plans to optimize future results.
· Using your knowledge of the business environment, provide an independent evaluation of financial forecast, and assessment of financial risk or opportunities.
· Support and monitor business opportunities by review of quoting and business proposals.
· Drive improvement in Core Operating Income and working capital metrics. Understand key drivers of both income and working capital to help maximize benefits to Jabil.
· Actively engage and contribute to current quarter operating metrics and also in long term planning & strategy.
· Working closely with the Plant Finance Controller and Operational teams review operational metrics and KPIs to ensure manufacturing performance is measured appropriately for each respective business and product group.
· Drive initiatives in support of achievement of the Long Term Plan and Annual Operating Plan.
· Support Supply chain development management on initiatives that improve company material margin and working capital.
· Constantly seeking to value-add to current process, information system, and business growth
· Support the Business Planning, budgeting/ forecasting and actual financial performance process.
· Identify and challenge cost structures providing modeling support to the business and operational teams in identifying and delivering opportunities to reduce the cost.
· Creation of the business case financial model, undertaking sensitivity analysis.
· Provide commercial support and expertise to other team members.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Provide financial and commercial oversight & guidance for the execution of the contract terms with customers.
· Decision support analysis of underlying data to support negotiating of commercial terms of contractual / vendor relationships.
· Introduce and follow processes to ensure key financial and business controls are established on an efficient and effective basis.
· Highly collaborative and frequent interaction with Business and operational groups in addition to other functional groups across finance.
· Provide financial training and support to BUD, BUMS and Ops Manager as require with a focus on financial targets, metrics and variance understanding and analysis.
· Ensure all aspects of the business are being reviewed to prevent liability exposure, to ensure all costs are being recovered from customer, and to eliminate cost gaps.
· Strong commercial acumen.
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment, make quick and effective decisions, and direct others.
· Excellent analytical skills to understand business drivers and interpret financial results.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, get key messages across succinctly and work with others.
· Proven track record in demonstrating accountability and ownership, proactive approach.
· Strong influencing skills to persuade management that your conclusions are correct and obtain their buy-in.
· Strong reporting skills, display key information and convey messages clearly, concisely and with impact.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
· Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX requirement.
· 10 years related experience (Financial and Business Operations Preferred).