Descripción del Trabajo
Technical Program Manager will facilitate and lead assigned projects, programs and initiatives of high complexity applying project
management and technical expertise to support the group and company strategy. Projects include deployment of enterprise eSPC, Predictive and Preventive Analytics. Manage assigned projects through the various stages
of development from concept through plant deployment. This includes developing SOW, business proposals, functional
requirements, and technical alignment, project plans with milestones, financials, and implementation plan. Provide management and
technical guidance towards successful collaboration with IT PMs, multi-functional groups and direct project team responsible for
implementation of Jabil’s strategies. Provide accountability for strategy/project definitions, budgets, schedules, project management,
escalations and performance requirements for the projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for ensuring all of the program requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly
translated for execution.
· Build team(s) to address the individual project goals and objectives for multiple and/or worldwide projects.
· Collaborate with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance.
· Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
· Align the program team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional
areas and stakeholders within the enterprise project.
· Review project schedules with functional project managers and project coordinators allocated to projects.
· Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal, group strategy and corporate initiatives
· Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s)
· Devise creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
· Responsible for recognizing project's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within scope, quality, time and
· Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project
specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics.
· Drive individual project managers to obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project
performance baseline. Responsible to ensure that project managers output is streamlined with overall program strategy.
· Drive project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule
· Coordinate the efforts of the team to develop an integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks
· Support project managers in management of resource capacity and time tracking allocated to enterprise level project.
· Financial Management and analysis of costs for enterprise level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests
(CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs.
· Responsible for forecasting program budget and HR needs for current and future site needs and ensuring this through the
· Accountable for overall program and individual project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Balance the cost, schedule and time frames against the enterprise level project requirements
· Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results
· Provide leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement
· Recognize potential problem areas against the plan and identify and implement alternative solutions
· Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or
consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department and with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices
are shared throughout the company
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management · Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority · Coach others through difficult decision making situations · Design and facilitate training related to implementation of enterprise initiatives · Engage and collaborate with customers within Jabil to obtain greater understanding of and evaluate · Drive relevant, concise and effective communication through a variety of mediums · Design clear and consistent messages for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery · Working closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business · Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor and encourage others to do the same. · Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy and encourage others to do the same. · May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reports to Global Quality Director of Engineering
· Job is not directly responsible for managing, guiding and mentoring other employees.
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer (internal or external) objectives.
· Advanced analytical skills, including Prescriptive, Predictive and Preventive Analytics.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints.
· Define, develop and implement strategies contribute to the overall company and group strategic direction.
· Demonstrate high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrate ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Power Bi
· Knowledge of R or Python is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Expert knowledge of Jabil’s culture and guiding principles
· Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or elated technical area required.
· Masters degree in Engineering or Data Science preferred.
· Experience in technical discipline required.
· Project management certification (PMI)
· Minimum of 10 years experience required in project management or related discipline required.
· Previous experience in manufacturing environment a plus.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training.