Descripción del Trabajo
To be a technical focal point to monitor and work supplier quality issues directly with the manufacturer and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs. Evaluate supplier performance, determine appropriate Inspection processes and provides guidance to Receiving Inspection function at the site level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the focal person for commodity related quality and functional issues that stem from components being purchased for manufacturing.
- Ensure that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented correctly.
- Serve as the point of contact for Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods, and provide guidance to Receiving Inspection Auditors.
- Ensuring ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed. This would be achieved by using site information collected from Receiving Inspection, MRB, Customer Returns, SCAR database and by liaison efforts with customer work cells. Performance will be reported internally, to the supplier, and to the customer where applicable.
- Perform supplier audit interfacing with Corporate SQE if applicable.
- To provide documentation to perform Inspection of components per Inspection Plans in SAP.
- Monitor and drive PPM issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system).
- Drive supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all customer programs providing leverage cost savings.
- Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs of manufacturability to all affected departments.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's degree required, bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred; and 2 to 4 years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing Engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand walk regularly, and occasionally lift up to15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Experience with PCBA and Electromechanical products and supply chain
Familiar with new product introduction and change management process
Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers and internal engineering and support staff