Descripción del Trabajo
The Financial Systems Developer III will be responsible for providing ongoing support, maintenance, and development of our Consolidation system. The role will also be asked to lead projects including managing other team members within the scope of the process. You will learn how to support and run a Consolidation system for a 30 Billion+ revenue company. You will leverage and learn other skills such as Analytics/Business Intelligence tools and SQL. If you enjoy Finance but also love learning tools and solving problems this will be a great role for you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build, support, and enhance within the Cognos Controller application.
• Contribute to, maintain and enhance as needed the data architecture used by Jabil systems to ensure proper data integrity. This includes maintaining data hierarchies and business rules in alignment with organizational needs and applicable regulations or internal controls.
• Participate in strategic planning sessions to determine Team priorities and strategies for making improvements.
• Maintain positive relations with the Finance and IT communities encouraging them to suggest ways of improving both systems and processes.
• Provide regular updates to Management on the adherence to project goals and timelines.
• Identify creative ways to improve finance efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Prepare and present training material on new processes and tools implemented by the Project Team to Site and Corporate Finance users.
• Manage stakeholder expectations throughout project lifecycle.
• Understanding of financial consolidation software such as Controller or HFM desired, but not required.
• Presentation and communication skills appropriate for all levels of management and cultures.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to compose concise, simplified written description of complex issues, supported by detailed analysis and effective “storytelling” to engage and influence the audience.
• SQL, VBA or any programming experience is a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science or MIS required.
• 5+ years of experience.