Descripción del Trabajo
Performs physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Checks goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices.
• Maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items.
• Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment.
• Lifts heavy items.
• Distributes merchandise, products and materials in inventory warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing lines.
• Executes physical and electronic transfers of materials of received goods as well as the sorting and shipping of material planned by the Warehouse Supervisor.
• Completes receiving and/or shipping documents as necessary.
• Operates material transfer equipment.
• Promotes integrity of SAP data through use of established processes and procedures of electronic material transfer.
• Interacts with other functional areas to assure that material is received, distributed and shipped accurately and in a timely manner as required.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Warehouse Supervisor
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
• Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Warehouse Area.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
• Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
• Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor.