Descripción del Trabajo
The Trade Support Team Supervisor will provide Import/Export product classification as both an individual contributor and as the TST Regional Supervisor of the Corporate Trade Support Team.
The Trade Support Team Supervisor, as a member of the Trade Support Team will provide import /export and product classification support to other team members as well as to regional logistics and business unit managers for a wide variety of electronic systems, products, assemblies and services.
The individual will be required to work within corporate policies and procedures as well as complying with and applying US customs, export, and international trade policies, procedures and regulations. The Trade Support Team Supervisor will need to be a subject matter expert (SME) with regards to US Harmonized Tariff Schedule, ECCN (Export Control Classification Number), US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), European region Tariff (TARIC) and Dual-Use Export Control Number (ECN) classifications. A working knowledge of the International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) is desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary duties and responsibilities will be to assist and support the research and the assigning of US HTS and US Export Control Number (ECCN) classifications to Jabil products and services.
- Provide information on import duties and license information to Jabil’s sites & their customs brokers & in support of pre-shipment planning, customs clearance and business modeling may be required.
- Required to assign and enter US HTS & US ECCN classifications into a trade compliance database, as well as supporting and assigning regional and global tariff and export classifications.
- Required to provide support, training and direction to TST Classification Analysts and to other members of the TST globally.
- Assist and support the Regional & Global Trade Compliance team with performing trade compliance audits, reporting, and other related regulatory trade compliance responsibilities.
- Manage, sort, partition, extract or add IM/EX data items into/from the SAP/GTS database, into/from an MS Excel spreadsheet tool or other databases as required.
- Research part and product technical characteristics using SAP tools, customer or vendor websites, general WWW searches, and other database searches to support IM/EX classifications assigned.
- Comply and follow all Jabil policies and procedures as outlined and identified and perform other duties as and when required and assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised:
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledgeable in the department areas of materials, purchasing, receiving and shipping.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and to identify and resolve issues with other groups effectively.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Business Studies,
- 5 + years of experience in a Customs & Classification Environment
- Excellent Working knowledge of the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS-US), U.S. Commerce Control List (US ECCNs) U.S. Customs Regulations, and U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
- Working knowledge of the European Union Harmonized Tariff System, and the European Union Dual Use Regulations, Other Countries Harmonized tariff schedules an advantage.