Descripción del Trabajo
Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) processes.
Participates in continuous improvement, process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
Provides technical expertise on various projects/production jobs and processes as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and establish Additive Manufacturing processes for new product lines; document product development and changes and evaluate new product performance.
- Generate and execute 3D Printing material and process validations and verifications per Jabil Quality Management System (QMS) and customer requirements.
- Implement the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
- Establish and ensure process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Monitor the Additive Manufacturing and associated processes running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes and assist in resolving quality issues.
- Debug moderately complex problems within a portion of new systems, tooling and automation
- Implement experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up
- Implement maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives
- May provide direction to technicians, assembly and material handling employees as necessary
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for metal or polymer additive manufacturing processes supporting all manufacturing aspects from build file and consumables to finished printed product through post-processing
- Establish and document a nominal build process that meets quality standards. Engage with key stakeholders to ensure issues are addressed, contained, and resolved. Efficiently resolve non-conformances as they arise and aggressively track down root cause following through with corrective actions
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition from development to production including operational instructions, process flow diagrams, standard repair plans, schematic diagrams, and mechanical drawings
- Develop and implement tooling and engineering controls into production processes to further improve reliability and reduce cost and lead time
- Review and interpret dimensional requirements and tolerances to understand additional process requirements.
- Interpret dimensional performance to provide scale and model based adjustments for improved yields.
- Clearly document platform configuration changes in order to maintain effective configuration management and revision control.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree + 5 years related experience preferred
- 5+ years engineering experience in Additive Manufacturing environment
- Proficient using CAD/CAM software to create processes
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
The anticipated pay range for this role is $65,454 - $94,849 - $124,243. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.