Descripción del Trabajo
Design Engineer I is an entry level engineering position. In this position you are expected to have a good understanding of engineering theory, basic concepts of design and an eagerness to develop a specific competency within the design environment.
Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Using established procedures is responsible for design and development of new Mechanical Design of simple components, assembly drawing developments, PDM entries and verification plan execution.
Design Engineer (DFX)
Responsible for design evaluation to determine options for optimization, assess impact to design cost, assembly methods or times. Must be knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and equipment for given manufacturing area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Familiar with the basic use of at least one CAD design tool.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, will create and enter a complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
· Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Familiar with the use of lab equipment and tools for taking measurements and executing verification test plans.
· Be responsible for directing the Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Be responsible for directing the Design Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience and/or training
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.