Descripción del Trabajo
Under the guidance of management, develops new engineering design of a basic to moderate complexity. Gathers design requirements and recommends steps to implement basic to moderate reference design, implementation or design modifications of existing product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathers information relating to chassis design and recommends basic improvements to designs that improves cost, simplification, re-use, or quality.
- Develop with supervision chassis design and PCB mechanical layout using standard 3D CAD tools.
- Evaluates with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture.
- Evaluates and designs chassis subsystems
- Analyzes moderately complex mechanical designs and can recommend improvements.
- Under the guidance of more senior team members, assembles chassis prototypes, and checks them for fit/form/functionality.
- Works with and manages external suppliers/manufacturers
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working knowledge of specific component industry standards
- Developed multiple projects that have utilized one of more Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Knowledge of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Tolerances, Manufacturing Principles, Interference Checks
- Must have knowledge using PTC Creo and/or Solidworks
- Knowledge of sheet metal design, casting, and machined metal design is a plus
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English
- Work as part of a global team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years experience in mech design and / or verification
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.