Descripción del Trabajo
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Jabil Elmira campus is located in Horsehead, NY. We are proud to manufacture Medical Devices for orthopedic specialties including trauma, spine, and specialty implants for leading medical technology companies. Our employees are honored to work together with industry leading companies to make a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
Independently providing onsite support in functional areas of human resources including but not limited to recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, organizational development, training, AA/EEO, and special projects for the Elmira facility. Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications, and/or meetings. Prepare reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support in all functional areas
· Employee relations – Responsible for communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures. Coaches/consults with managers and employees on issues including: performance, terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc. Coordinates all employee activities/programs. Interprets and complies with all state and federal laws.
· Compensation – Monitors and approves applicable salary increases; checks to see that they are within guidelines. Conducts preliminary job analysis and creates job descriptions of non-benchmark positions through a job evaluation process.
· Benefits – Communicates and interprets all benefit changes and policies. Educates associates about their benefits and coordinates open enrollment periods. Researches and resolves associate’s benefit problems and questions.
· Recruitment/Selection – Assists managers in conducting needs analysis. Tracks open positions. Sources candidate from both internal and external sources. Interviews and screens candidates for open positions. Expedites and coordinates internal transfers.
· HRIS Reporting – Compiles statistical reports for departments. Has working knowledge of many software packages.
· Project Management – Participates in team projects that address strategic initiatives as directed by the HR Manager.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
· 2 years related HR experience .