Descripción del Trabajo
Cost Accounting Intern - Spring 2022:
Jabil Lewis Engineering offers paid, part-time internship in their Finance/Accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes cost variations such as purchase price variances, production order variances, customer returns, vendor returns, and production scrap
- Enters journal entries for transfer of costs between orders, PPV trapped in inventory, accruals for pending claims with customer
- Tracks project cost and reports on status
- Monthly account reconciliations for inventory, sales and margin, PPV trapped in inventory, accruals for pending claims
- Prepare sales & use tax returns
- Prepare personal property tax returns
- Monitors costs weekly
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced PC skills
- Able to manage large amounts of data, analyze the data, and communicate the results
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of Cost Accounting I (I & II preferred)
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Jabil is a manufacturing solutions provider that delivers comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing. Jabil reported $29.3 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2021 and is the world’s third largest electronic manufacturing services provider. For more information, visit: http://www.jabil.com .
About Jabil Lewis Engineering
Jabil Lewis Engineering is a division of Jabil Defense and Aerospace Services located in Grand Junction, CO. Jabil Lewis Engineering delivers complex machined parts with advanced capabilities in precision CNC machining, grinding and lapping, special processes and non-destructive testing.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $0.00 - $240.38 - $480.77. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.