Descripción del Trabajo
Drive continuous improvement in operational metrics while maximizing profitability within the business unit. Drive team to exceed customer expectations. Provide exceptional support to customers, team members and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Identify people requirements that meet the needs of the Workcell and the customer/product (i.e. # of ME’s, QE’s, TE’s, IE’s)
· Communicate people requirements to Functional Managers (FM).
· Identify key factors in team member turnover that can be improved and make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Coach and mentor Workcell team members daily to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Provide ongoing feedback to Functional Managers on team member’s contribution to the Workcell.
· Express pride in team and encourage members of the Workcell to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and in the achievement of the customer and Workcell goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are recommended fairly and consistently in the Workcell to Function Managers.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the workcell.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from Workcell team.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Act as a communication link between the Business Unit and Operations Unit.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement a customer/workcell strategy that contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the Functional business strategies as they pertain to the workcell/customer.
· Provide regular updates to the Function Manager, Business Unit Manager, and Assistant Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify resource requirements that meet the needs of the workcell and the customer/product (i.e. machines, lines, visuals).
· Communicate resource requirements to Function Managers.
· Develop the monthly business unit forecast with the Business Unit Manager.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor department cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Business Unit Manager and Assistant Operations Manager on costs and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the workcell.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
· Complete variance of actual results versus the forecast on time and communicate results to Business Unit Manger, Assistant Operations Manager, Operations Manager and Workcell Team.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Train the workcell teams on the validity of management by metrics and with the team monitor all workcell metrics.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Lead by example.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other in-house units and Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Review all internal and external business plans, process changes, and personnel changes related to Workcell. Influence win/win outcome on unreasonable demands and bad plans.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and five years experience, one year in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, where the noise level is low. Team member may frequently be present on the manufacturing floor where the noise level is low to moderate.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.