Descripción del Trabajo
Under general supervision, oversees and coordinates repairs and moderately complex maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures, and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire Maintenance Technicians.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Maintenance Technician position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor maintenance staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Maintenance Technician functions.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Facilities/EHS Manager, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for supervision of diversified electrical, air conditioning, refrigeration, machine, pipe fitting and facilities and grounds maintenance functions, as well as personnel performing diversified machining operations such as drilling, punching, milling, lathe, grinding, welding, cleaning, painting, and sheet metal fabrication of tooling and equipment.
· Supervise the activities of assigned personnel, coordinates efforts, provides technical guidance, and reviews progress of assignments.
· Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs preventive maintenance actions as required.
· Directs the movement of furniture, materials, and equipment as required.
· Train and supervise employees in new techniques, safe work habits and good housekeeping practices.
· Coordinate the work of outside contractors.
· Resolve operational problems requiring emergency action.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High school diploma or equivalent required; and three to five years experience in maintenance field, including supervision; or demonstrated skills required to perform the job.
Verantwortlicher für Pest Control im Werk Raron