Descripción del Trabajo
Inspects, measures and performs complex inspection procedures on the Incoming material to ensure conformance to part specification in according to the applicable specifications and drawings. Measures critical to quality characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages material flow through the Supplier Quality Inspection area in such a way that good and non-conforming material is clearly identified and material moves quickly in and out of the area
- Understands and interprets part specifications
- Enters test and inspection results into SAP or part folders as necessary
- Maintains filing system for test records
- Select and read the appropriate documentation for a wide range of reference materials
- Creates and releases Quality Notifications in SAP as needed.
- Applies knowledge of process principles and interpretation of the Company Quality Control Standards to determine whether the part or assembly inspected passes/fails.
- Access customer quality inspection systems through a computer, communicate with the customer regarding inspection and quality issues, and perform post-package audits and inspections in the process of direct compliance.
- Acts as a final checkpoint for the inspected materials before being sent to the production floor.
- Trains personnel as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment and tools typically used in the inspection process such as calipers, gage blocks, gate pins, and optical comparators.
- Determines methods and procedures in newly introduced tasks.
- Ability to present information effectively and answer questions from groups of managers, customers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, including the use of a Windows-based operating system and related software.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables or no variables.
- Ability to work under tight time deadlines with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence and notes.
- Ability to calculate rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Works on non-routine tasks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in a relevant Jabil production or Quality position, or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Advanced PC Skills and training and experience in applicable software packages.