Descripción del Trabajo
Under limited supervision designs, develops and maintains test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Process Technicians.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Process Technician position candidates.
· Coach technicians in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Process Technicians to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Assistant Test Engineering Manager, Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review circuit board designs for testability requirements.
· Support manufacturing with failure analysis, tester debugging, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment.
· Prepare recommendations for testing and documentation of procedures to be used from the product design phase through to initial production.
· Generate reports and analysis of test data, prepares documentation and recommendations.
· Review test equipment designs, data and RMA issues with customers regularly.
· Design, and direct engineering and technical personnel in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
· Direct and coordinate engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
· Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations.
· Direct and exercise control over operational, functional, and performance phases of tests.
· Perform moderately complex assignments of the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
· Analyze and interpret test data and prepares technical reports for use by test engineering and management personnel.
· Develop or use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on machinery and equipment.
· Perform semi-routine technique development and maintenance, subject to established Jabil standards, including ISO and QS development standards.
· Provide training in new procedures to production testing staff.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelors of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from four-year college or university; and three to five years experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in this environment ranges from low to moderate.