Descripción del Trabajo
Work in Jabil SHA Wireline Team, execute whole communication/transmission/server/cloud… PCB Layout design. Communicate with other technical team like Electrical, Mechanical, EMC team, on the PCB layout related technical issues sync up, develop and tape out.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with circuit designers to build PCB Layout design. Complete the PCB layout design with the constraints of circuit design requirements.
- Work to provide a design that not only meets the customer’s criteria, but is also of high quality, cost effective, and manufacturable.
- Able to build PCB library. Be responsible for Component’s qualification and maintenance.
- Create manufacturing document according to PCB layout.
- Maintenance of EDA design tools.
- Communicate with PCB supplier for PCB related technical topic support.
- Support PCBA cost evaluation in quotation phase.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Have high density PCB design experience from 2 to 40 layers, Familiar with high-speed layout design requirement.
- Skillful to operate PCB Layout tools such as Cadence Allegro/Mentor Expedition.
- Good understanding of basic electronic principles dealing with circuit and layout design.
- Good knowledge of SI, PI, EMC compliancy, safety compliancy and general and/ or specific industry requirements.
- Fully understanding the varieties of datasheet, layout guide.
- Able to estimate the PCB stack up, meanwhile controlling the cost as much as possible to meet the performance requirements.
- Patient, A good team player, good communication skills.
- Can communicate with both written and spoken English.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks.
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of ECAD design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- College degree (or above) in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering field.
- At least 5 years’ experience for PCB design of communication product. Experience in high-speed product is preferred.
- Good understanding of basic electronic principles dealing with circuit and layout design
- Good knowledge with thermal solution at PCB layout level.
- Familiar with EMC&EMI layout requirement.
- Expert knowledge and experience of PCB layout design tools. Cadence allegro and Mentor Expedition are preferred.
- Strong sense of design to cost from PCB layout point of view.
- Familiar with PCBA manufacturing process (Manufacturing line, equipment, and ICT test).
- Strong team player and ability to handle multiple projects inventively.
- Good communication skills in English and capability of working with global Engineering team independently.
- Knowledge in one of the following areas is preferred: SI/PI Analysis.
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred.