Descripción del Trabajo
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
This opportunity is a Manufacturing Engineering role supporting Medical Device Manufacturing. This Engineer will monitor the quality and performance for assigned manufacturing and chemical finishing line(s) as well as drive continuous improvements through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving. This Engineer will have the opportunity to participate on multidisciplinary teams, work with emerging technology and gain hands on Engineering experience.
- Process and Project Engineering support for Medical Device Manufacturing.
- Provides Process Engineering support for existing processes, including hands-on equipment troubleshooting and failure analysis for milling machines, lathes, mill-turn machines, EDMs, and other computer integrated electro-mechanical systems.
- Delivers Engineering support for chemical finishing process development and continuous improvements.
- Supports activities associated with scrap reduction, Non-Conformance investigations, Corrective and Preventative Actions.
- Participates and Leads continuous improvements to existing processes using Process Excellence tools and LEAN principles.
- Provides input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Coordinates production line reconfiguration and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning, and scheduling of support groups.
- Develops project schedules, responsible for tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting meetings, documenting, and communicating progress to management.
- Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures and conducts training of Manufacturing Personnel.
- Encourage/Own open communication and exchange of information within the Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, and various site support groups.
- Train to, and comply with all internal procedures, applicable regulations and standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering field (Internships, Co-ops, Graduate studies applicable).
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience with hands on failure analysis and equipment troubleshooting required.
- Project management and strong organizational skills required.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and computer skills required.
- Experience with FDA regulations or ISO standards preferred.
- Experience with SAP, AutoCAD, PTC Creo and MS Project desirable.
- Experience with automated systems, vision systems and material handling systems desirable.
- Experience with metal cutting equipment such as milling machines, lathes or grinding machines desirable.
- Must be willing to work in conditions that may be warm, cold, noisy and moderately oily.
- Must be willing to support global projects including up to 5% domestic travel.
- Must be willing to adjust schedule to support 2nd or 3rd shift operations as needed.