Descripción del Trabajo
Industrial Engineer SME II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production anD
service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site or region. The Industrial Engineer SME II will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Project leader & supervisor for site or regionally – direct and implement unique and challenging projects that will eliminate waste, through the standard Industrial Engineering process
o This will include but is not limited to: Complex Process Simulation, Operations Research and Business Model Cost Analysis
· Critically evaluate large scale challenges in multiple work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as, but not limited to, production costs, process flow charts, and end to end value stream analysis, to determine efficient utilization and effectiveness of workers and equipment
· Lead and critically evaluate cross-functional projects with broad in-depth knowledge of various functions outside of Industrial
Engineering to optimize complex large-scale projects
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional IE systems and applications
· Lead as Subject Matter Expert in all IE practices
· Communicate to all regional teams key Industrial Engineering metrics
· Clarify and define the standardization SAP and Manufacturing Execution System configurations
· Prepare complex quotes for new proposed large scale manufacturing o Includes, but not limited to, end to end line design, VA labor, DL and equipment sizing, capital, building infrastructure additions, etc.
· Support, assist, and advise Business Unit Coordinators and Business Unit Managers, and Site Management on new & actual processes reliability, profitability, and accuracy of new project assumptions
· Lead process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
· Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Industrial Engineering team & other functional engineering teams as needed
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
· Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Develop new IE best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global IE teams to optimize existing best practices
· Support the Lean organization by developing a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Typically reports to management or leadership. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Manager, Director, VP
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Data Science skillsets preferred
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability:
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements
· Understanding of Quality Systems applied to internal manufacturing processes
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering required
· MS in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred
· Lean Masters Certificate or Six Sigma Silver preferred
· At least 12 years of working experience with 7 years of experience in industrial Engineering or related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience