Descripción del Trabajo
Perform Failure analysis for SMT product, prototype((NPI) or Electrical defective component, including skills to probe for background information, understand failure phenomena and deliver results for root cause investigation to customers external and internal alike. Should also possess good aptitude towards problem solving skills.
Plan and design test plan for the failure case. Based on full understanding to the design, manufacturing process and design test guides for failure duplication/failure isolation to determine actual root cause/causes.
Ability to research failure causes and identify possible failure mechanisms to help identify corrective action and analyze the trend of the failure phenomena to improve the design, test, manufacturing, and/or advice the manufacturing on possible mitigation methods.
Ability to develop news Failure analysis techniques/methodologies to help improve efficiency, results, cost and Safety.
Able to communication and deliver precise evidence of Failure analysis findings though Failure Analysis Reporting with pertinent information and clarity, too external and internal customers.
Ability to apply the use of the various Physical/Electrical Failure Analysis tool. To clearly understand the application, advantages and limitation of such tools used for electrical verification and Physical Failure Analysis.
To clearly understand various nondestructive test and destructive test in the application to determine RC.
Have the responsibility of choosing non-toxic or low- toxic material, low noise and energy saving and safe testing methodologies.
Understanding of Basic fixes/ maintainence and check safety protective equipment and ensure tools are always in good working condition.
Must consider environmental & safety & health issues when initiating a new project or new product or new production line.
Wear right PPE and operate safety , attend occupational disease medical examination ,fire drill and EHS training.
Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned. Intend of the job description is to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, not intended to be all-inclusive list of responsibility and duties.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Process Technicians.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Process Technician position candidates.
· Coach technicians in their daily activity.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Process Technicians to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Test Engineering Manager, Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Bachelors of Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Degree in sciences or Engineering field or equivalent and three to five years experience, from four-year college or university
Good understanding at Electrical bench testing, ICT and Physical Failure Analysis tools, test methods and manufacturing process will be advantage.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry PC’s and test equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office/Lab area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor.