Descripción del Trabajo
Designs, fabricates, modifies, evaluates, and documents molded assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs, and notes required to present design proposals. Researches basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by design development.
Performs work in a specific sub-specialty including Automation, and Electro - Mechanical Engineering. Please see addendum for specific sub-specialty requirements. This description is designed to capture the general elements of the Engineering work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the design and development of plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging as assigned.
· Develops and implements changes to the manufacturing process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements by participating in new product development programs.
· Develops equipment User Requirement Specifications, system concepts, CAD generated machine layouts, detail drawings, BOM’s, and budgets. Makes layouts of assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
· Assists customer product design engineering for economic production; contribute to and participate in meetings with customers and vendors.
· Assesses proper material, tooling, automation, and equipment selection.
· Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters.
· Participates in product development meetings and may make recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
· Conducts engineering studies, proof of concept experiments, and design other testing requirements as needed.
· Develops SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals.
· May research new technology or development tools to remain current.
· Understands Lean Six Sigma tools, projects, and processes; and has ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
· Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs / initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· May be required to travel to vendor and / or customer sites.
Technical responsibility for design / development of automation user requirement specification and systems concepts. Installs automation, executes validation protocols, and transfers automation programs to production in a smooth and timely manner. Monitor Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to identify areas in need of repair or continuous improvement projects. Trouble shoot manufacturing equipment with various controls platforms (PLC’s, HMI’s, Vision systems, and Robotics).
Technical responsibility for floor plan layouts for material flow / automation work cells including raw materials, sub-assemblies, packaging, and finished goods. Designs machine enhancements / test fixtures using 3D CAD.
Technical responsibility for a variety of engineering work in planning and design of products, tools, engines, mechanical industrial equipment and processes. Oversees production, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
Technical responsibility for the design and development of packing materials, shipping containers, etc., for attractive and safe shipping of products under varying conditions of climate and environment, and differing modes of transportation, using lubricants, protective material, and other methods as required
Technical responsibility for designing a broad range of tools; including cutting and forming tools, designs jigs, dies, and fixtures for production or experimental use. Resolves design problems related to service requirements; manufacturing procedures, processes, and costs.
· Understands processes and has a basic understanding of various manufacturing techniques.
· Basic knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Current Good Manufacturing Process (cGMP) and e-mail skills required.
· Proficiency in technical writing for drafting user requirement specifications, validation protocols, engineering studies, standard operating procedures, and preventive maintenance tasks.
· Knowledge of automation facets are a bonus. Computer Aided Design (CAD), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interface (HMIs), Servos, Cam driven systems, Indexing systems, Vision systems, manufacturing processes (I.E. Ultrasonic Welding, UV Adhesive Dispensing and Curing, Offset Printing, Vibratory Feeding systems, and Conveyors).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
· Minimum 5 years work-related experience required in engineering or project management related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.