Descripción del Trabajo
Manage and lead the Direct Fulfillment (DF) Manufacturing Department focused on continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Identify people requirements that meet the needs of the Workcell and the customer/product
· Recruit, interview and hire Line Managers.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Line Manager position candidates.
· Coach Line Managers in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
· Identify key factors in team member turnover that can be improved and make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create, implement and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Ensure team members receive the proper training and tools (ERP accesses etc.) to perform their job duties and monitor their progress.
· Coach and mentor Line Managers to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for Line Manager function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Develop, motivate and challenge all team members to perform to their full potential, providing direct and timely feedback in formal and informal media.
· Provide ongoing feedback to Function DF Leads on team member’s contribution to the Workcell.
· Solicit ongoing feedback from cell members, customers, and Coordinators on Cell Manager’s contribution to the team.
· Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to Line Manager based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of your production team and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Act as a communication link between the Customer and Jabil for all Manufacturing activities.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Train the manufacturing teams on the validity of management by metrics and with the team monitor all manufacturing metrics.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Focus on Performance Metrics such as: On Time Ship, DGR Requirements, Recommit Performance, Expedite Response Time, Undispatch Response Time, OBA Yields, Bad Board Levels, Inventory Accuracy, Lead Time Performance and Test Yields.
· Develop, own and drive all DF-JOS meetings to drive issues for continuous improvement.
· Aid in the seamless introduction of new products into the assigned workcells and transition of existing products to Global DF Sites.
· Understand customer production requirements both current and future by analyzing capacity and manpower.
· Know and understand all production issues such as line stops and down time and drive them to resolution in a timely basis.
· Delegate and organize departmental workload according to project assignments.
· Review all relevant policies and procedures with department members, instructing them regarding the specific application to their assignments.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to plan and execute formal project plans.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· HS Diploma and two to three years experience in a Line Manager role.
· Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university and DF experience preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.