Descripción del Trabajo
Develops new engineering designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and validates electronic enclosure design of a complex nature.
- Independently develops chassis designs and PCB mechanical layouts utilizing standard tools
- Designs all aspects of server/storage/networking chassis with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture and translates them into design specifications.
- Independently assembles prototypes and validates proper fit/finish/functionality
- Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
- Communicates complex technical aspects of a project effectively to customers, and collects incorporates feedback into design specifications.
- Identifies design innovations and potential patentable solutions.
- Collaborates on Thermal design.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Interference Checks, Cross-site Design Reviews
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of ME design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in mech design and / or verification or other key competency
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.