Descripción del Trabajo
The Human Resources Shared Services Generalist acts as the first point of contact responsible for the accurate resolution of employee and manager inquiries that are submitted via phone, email, portal, or other access channels and maintains positive & professional communications with employees/managers. Consults with various levels of employees on numerous HR related issues (e.g. time accruals, hours worked, HR system access, benefits, compensation, compliance, LOA, etc.). Provides exceptional support services with a high degree of customer satisfaction, expertise, and timeliness. This includes evaluating the issue, quickly interpreting the situation, determining the appropriate resolution, inputting accurate transactions, and communicating the resolution to the employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquire and maintain substantial knowledge concerning Human Resources policies, programs, and procedures that supports first call resolution.
- Using established protocols, handles incoming requests from various levels of employees to quickly assess and resolve HR related issues in an empathetic, professional and timely manner.
- Works with various departments to stay up to date on all policies, programs, and procedures. Integrates effectively with team members; seeking input/assistance as needed.
- Listen and ask appropriate follow up questions to collect necessary information to identify underlying issues or related requests and provide accurate answers.
- Identify, research and work cross-functionally on queries from customers in a timely manner; working on more than one matter simultaneously and prioritizing urgency of requests.
- Workday, Benefit Systems, Kronos, and other database experience.
- Review and follow up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy
- Provide accurate and consistent recordkeeping and maintenance of HR Shared Services records.
- Complete special HR Shared Services projects as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
- Zero to One (0-1) years of experience in HR Specialist or similar role post graduation.
- Fundamental knowledge of HR practices including employment law, compensation, hiring, performance management, coaching, and employee relations across the Americas Region (US and Mexico).
- Prior Workday and ServiceNow application experience is a plus
- Human Resources Management Certificate or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Ability to provide high quality, timely, professional, and positive customer service
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Excellent verbal and written English required and Spanish communication skills a plus.