Descripción del Trabajo
To effectively develop and lead a team of Costing/Quote Managers supporting all material quotation activities. This involves managing, analyzing, planning, negotiating, supporting, preparing management reports, completing employee appraisals, and developing a tool set and capability that allows us to maximize buy and sell price.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead a team of Supply Chain professionals whose primary responsibilities include incoming and outgoing pricing
· Develop individuals and plan future development accordingly
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine results.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Communicate with team clearly - Be fully involved in a regular communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the team. Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Develop an understanding of the Business strategy as it pertains to Quotes Management.
· Provide regular updates to the Sector, BU’s and SCM team on quotation activities, and quarterly pricing results.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Develop effective relationships with business management to ensure that quote management is fully involved with new business opportunities.
· Market Jabil’s quote’s management expertise both internally and externally.
· Demonstrate expertise in quoting materials.
· Assist with the development, monitoring, and implementation of global material quotation strategies.
· Drive additional value by enhancing toolsets and processes . Assist with the definition, development, and implementation of material quotation models to meet Jabil’s business needs.
· Offer new, innovative and entrepreneurial ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class”.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and non-redundant.
· Ensure the efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the Jabil Corporation to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Support all Material Quotation activities (Quarterly / New Business / VAVE)
· Manage the supply base for use in quoting materials.
· Analyze current and potential supply sources while staying abreast with corporate supply chain initiatives and strategies in line with the market segmentation strategy.
· Empower and drive the team to ensure best possible pricing is garnered from the supply base.
· Review quote with Commodity Management as and when necessary.
· Provides support to Commodity Management by maintaining and developing knowledge of the supply base.
· Assist with the development of the supply base to exceed the goals and objectives of Jabil and the supply chain management team.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· NAPM, MBA, and APICs certification desired.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.