Descripción del Trabajo
Work in Jabil SHA Wireline Team, execute whole communication/transmission/server/cloud… PCB Layout design. Communicate with other technical team like Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware team on the Product Validation related technical issues sync up, develop and tape out.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team of engineers in the Product Validation of Networking/Telecommunication Systems
- Support JDM/ODM customer and cross engineering team to analyze customer’s requirement, design specifications to focus on the test execution to ensure the test quality and product delivery.
- Create “Master Verification Plan” based on PRD, review all test plans from engineers.
- Create “Detailed Test Plan” based on PRD and “Master Verification Plan”, review all test plans from engineers.
- Understand the methodologies of system design verification, system software and hardware verification for operating system test unit, wireline and wireless networks, I/O devices, multimedia etc.
- Ensure effective defect characterization and communication to development
- Lead the team on verification activities and provide help and technical assistance when needed
- Continuing engineering verification sustaining until product EOL.
- Work Hands-on with team and development to validate and successfully release quality products.
- Develop, document and educate the team on BKM (Best Known Methods)
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent understanding on design verification test development. Able to develop test solution & test-plans, procedures & coordinate with design and validation team cross China and USA.
- Experience with networking systems, including merchant silicon switches, PON OLTs, CPEs and Optical Transport Products.
- Familiar with Telecom certification standards, such as NEBS, ETSI and FCC/UL.
- Detailed working knowledge of layer-2/3-switch administration, including industry-standard CLI and SNMP interfaces
- Familiarity with Linux tools such as ping, traceroute, tcpdump, ifconfig, ip link, ip route, arp, /proc/net, /proc/sys/net, vmstat, netstat, ttcp, iperf, and strace
- Strong written and oral communication skills including English Language Skills
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence, driven by an internal desire to succeed at the challenge of breaking our products
- Strong presentation skills, communication and project management skills, able to arrange overall test execution during whole engineering design phase.
- Must be able and willing to share knowledge with the rest of the team. As a leader in our organization, you will expected to grow your peers with you.
- Familiar with AMI, Phoenix or Insight BIOS structure, Windows OS & Linux configuration, installation procedure, network configuration, driver configuration, etc.
- Understand shock & vibration, HALT, thermal, acoustic, package drop tests, EMC Safety pre-scan, certification.
- Knowledge of Telcordia SR-332 for electronic product MTBF calculation, familiar with Windchill Quality Solutions designed.
- Knowledge of programming scripting languages, such as Linux Shell, Teraterm, SecureCRT and Python desired
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks.
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s in Communication, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5+ year experience working as a Test Engineer or QA Engineer in the Networking industry (Relevant companies include Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Nokia, Ericsson, Ciena and many more)
- Good knowledge of computer networking and telecommunication networking, CCNA/CCNP related preferred.
- Strong team player and ability to handle multiple projects inventively.
- Good communication skills in English and capability of working with global Engineering team independently.