Descripción del Trabajo
Industrial Engineer II will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Industrial Engineer II will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· • Conducts assignments encompassing complete projects or portions of major projects.
• Determines methods and techniques to be used or adapts standard methods to meet variations.
• Coordinate phases of work with outside vendors
• Responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for daily manufacturing operations and ensuring established metrics (Production, Quality, Scrap and Cycle Time) are met
• Utilizes Process Excellence methodology and analytical problem solving tools to identify and implement improvement projects geared to reduce cost, eliminate scrap, improve quality and minimize cycle time
• Establishes specific manufacturing capability technology to support transfers and new product introduction
• Provides specific technical expertise to support special projects, pilot operations, product and process improvements, risk management actions and also provides input to develop capital expense forecast and equipment/spare parts budgets to support business needs
• Identifies and develops corrective action plans to improve instruments reliability in the field
• Provides support to product inquiry investigations
• Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area
• Supports supplier evaluations for major services/products as needed
• Compliance with safety policies and procedures
• Ensures compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities
• Follow Records Management Policies for Convenience Information, Records Retention Schedules, Training and Education, Document Hold Notices, Records Cleanout, Inactive Records and Information Management, Vital Records and third party vendor if applicable.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
• Provides and implements robust corrective actions to quality, safety and ergonomic risk detected in the manufacturing area.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities, and workstation design, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong analytical ability
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.