Descripción del Trabajo
Develop, maintain and improve Jabil product quality among multiple manufacturing sites for our customers’ worldwide account.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Know and understand the Sector / Division strategic direction.
· Define, develop and implement Systems Audit strategies, which contribute to the strategic direction.
· Provide regular updates to Global Quality Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Align tactical audit activities such that they serve to check and validate the strategies.
· Support Business Unit in all Quality related aspects associated by potential and new business
· Understand the customer business (New programs, product transitions, technology trends, and integration site requirements).
· Understand and drive product tooling/inspection strategies to meet customer quality needs while enabling the lowest landed cost.
· Understand and champion customer requests for corrective/preventive action.
· Serve as a Focal Point for major customer quality issues.
· Support Quality efforts from material qualification to end user reliability.
Regulatory / Statutory
· Support regulatory qualification requirements as required.
Cost Conscience / Continuous Improvement
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Identify creative ways to reduce waste by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. analysis of the requirements, modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Monitor trends in Quality data (yields, dpm, corrective actions) to identify continual improvement opportunities.
· Act as a catalyst for changing the mindsets from one of reactively measuring the product to one of proactively monitoring the process for optimized performance and quality.
· Assist in eliminating non value-added inspection by instilling an “inspection at the source” mentality.
· Steer Customer Product Engineering and new program teams towards systems and information requirements that fit Jabil’s objectives of lower costs, less duplication of effort, and improved responsiveness.
· Ensure real time containment and resolution of problems.
· Work with engineers to develop product quality objectives consistent with customer expectations and team plans.
· Provide strong leadership to the team in activities relating to product quality.
· Assume the Quality conscience of the team in all aspects of the business.
· Provide accurate, timely feedback of production issues to the work-cell teams.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Establish relationships and contacts with Product Engineering and assembly personnel to understand process maturity and effects on transition to product realization.
· Analyze data and metrics. Escalate issues and declining trends to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two years management/supervisory experience required.
· Must be familiar with Jabil metrics including DPMO, FPY, DPM, etc, Six Sigma, and must be proficient at FMEA.
· International travel required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.