Descripción del Trabajo
The Process Engineer designs, fabricates, modifies, evaluates and documents molded assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. This role develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals.
In addition, researches basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment while working with other organizations impacted by design development. May perform work in a specific sub-specialty such as Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Mold Design, Tooling or Additive Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cutting expert in the design and development of complex plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging.
- Exercises independent judgment and works on unusually sensitive or state of the art projects.
- Develops innovative, advanced, and often untested design concepts requiring complex molded solutions.
- Leads customer product design engineering for economic production and serves as technical interface and/or company representative with customers.
- Directs manufacturing in trouble-shooting problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, and methods development.
- Leads product development meetings and makes recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
- Constantly researching new technology or development tools to identify innovative techniques and processes for application to complex design projects.
- Lead role in large, complex projects with broad scope and implications for organization.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Must be familiar with quality requirements for aerospace, medical or equivalent industry. This includes experience writing and working to Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions (WI) and inspection drawings. The candidate should have the experience and knowledge required to demonstrate a stable and repeatable manufacturing process.
- Candidate must have knowledge of machine and facility requirements related to AM, such as installation conditions, environmental controls, and maintenance.
- Candidate must have knowledge of industry specifications related to AM in regulated industries, including specification for materials, processes, heat treatment and inspection.
- Candidate must have complex understanding of processes and manufacturing techniques.
- Mastery in applicable engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques and must have in-depth knowledge of the materials, process and physics involved in the AM process.
- Familiar with consumable materials and waste disposal for AM processes.
- Familiar with experimental methods, such as factorial experiments for parameter optimization.
- Familiar with AM process calibrations and tools such as laser power meters and gas flow measurements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. Engineering degree, or M.S. Engineering degree or Ph. D. degree.
- Must have 4-7 years of experience in Additive Manufacturing (AM), with some fraction of that in a research or production environment for products regulated by government agencies such as the FAA, DoE or FDA.
- It is preferred that the candidate have completed professional education courses on or related to AM, such as but not limited to courses from professional associations (e.g. ASTM, SAE) or educational institutions.
- Experience with safety requirements for AM powder bed operations.
- Experience in technical writing and communications.
- Hands on experience operating AM machines with metal, engineered polymer or ceramic materials
- Experience with post processing methods for AM parts including heat treatment, machining, fixturing, and polishing.
- Experience creating and modifying data associated with the AM process, such as, but not limited to CAD, STL files, slice and vector data, machine parameter files and firmware.
- Experience providing technical leadership to junior engineers with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and successfully worked in a collaborative team environment.
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
The anticipated pay range for this role is $80,206 - $116,266 - $152,326. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.