Descripción del Trabajo
Lead highly complex mechanical hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other team members' designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader in developing and validating complex mechanical products that are required across all Business Units.
- Leads/supervises chassis and PCB mechanical layouts utilizing standard tools
- Directs all aspects of mechanical design with minimal supervision
- Mentors/coaches/trains engineers with less experience
- Partners with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and define the appropriate mechanical/thermal architecture.
- Expertly assemble prototypes, and verifies form/fit/function.
- Work with and manage external component suppliers/manufacturers and provide input to their product roadmaps
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to internal and external customers.
- Define design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Leads resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Design Manager or Group Lead
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Detailed knowledge (with moderate complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required one of more of Mechanical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Tolerance Analysis, DFM, Serviceability
- Detailed knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Tolerances, Manufacturing Principles, Interference Checks
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads ME projects with multiple engineers assigned.
- Leads cross-functional and ME design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME/PhD or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in mech design and / or verification or other key competency
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 20%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
· ODM/OEM or CM working experiences
· Familiar with AR/VR, Mobile Phone/Device, or Camera Vision system
· Language: Fluent with Mandarin (Speak, Read, and Write)
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 40%