Descripción del Trabajo
- Setup and operate both manual and CNC equipment such as but not limit to saws, mills, lathes, surface grinders, OD grinders, wire EDM, EDM drill, ect., to manufacture gages, work holding fixtures, dies and tooling to support production operations.
- Maintain various dies, work holding fixtures and tooling used in production.
- Use of various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, and image vision measuring equipment to check accuracy of work performed.
- Completion of documentation as required by the process
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned area including but not limited to maintaining coolant levels, emptying chip containers, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- understand process requirements in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and department demands as well as training requirements.
- set up and operate tool room equipment demonstrating safe operation and consistent, effective results with minimal the guidance.
- create and edit CNC programs using CAM software and/or direct CNC control input utilizing solid models, layouts, sketches, or verbal instruction with minimal guidance.
- assemble components after completion of machine and hand operations with minimal guidance.
- utilize Toolroom ancillary equipment including custom fixtures, sine bars, index fixtures, angle plates, parallels, collets, heat-treating equipment with minimal guidance.
- participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
- understand and perform requirements of lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.) with minimal guidance.
- engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment.
- work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements.
- work extra hours when required by business needs.
- demonstrate consistency in results.
- provide training to others within the department as required.
- independently complete work of average complexity
- demonstrate effective teamwork in partnering with Co-workers, Supervision, Engineering, Operations, and Quality in support of performance goals offering ideas and solutions for improvements based on applied knowledge.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Good written and verbal communication and intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- General math skills.
- Advanced knowledge of machining through direct experience as a Machinist, Toolmaker, or Model Maker utilizing manual and CNC Toolroom-type equipment
- Basic knowledge of Metallurgy
- Experience using all Toolroom-type measuring equipment
- Intermediate CNC programming knowledge and use of MasterCAM or other CNC Code generating software.
- Knowledge to work with models in MasterCAM and Pro/E using the models.
- Knowledge necessary to perform calculations related to metal cutting technologies (speeds, feeds, rpm, etc.).
- work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals
- work on feet 100% of time
- lift 5-25 pounds on a regular basis along with occasional heavy lifting over 50 pounds