Descripción del Trabajo
This opportunity is a CNC Programmer II role, where the individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining CNC machining processes.
- Provides technical support for existing processes, including hands-on troubleshooting and failure analysis for milling machines, lathes, EDMs and other CNC equipment.
- Performs programing, qualification, implementation and debugging of CNC programming and functional framework for new and updated machining processes.
- Performs measurement of parts using manual gaging and automated methods.
- Uses data driven decision making for CNC program corrections and improvements.
- Participates in creation of machine requirements for modifications and new builds.
- Participates in machine selection, vendor functional acceptance, site acceptance activities, installation and qualification activities.
- Participates in cutting tool selection, custom cutting tool design, sourcing and testing.
- Participates in tool holder selection, fixture selection, fixture design, sourcing and testing.
- Performs installation, alignment and qualification of machine components including 4th and 5th axis rotary tables, integrated tool setters, touch probes and live tool spindles.
- Participates in training of Machine Operators on equipment maintenance, tool change, tool setting, tool offsets, data transfers and other routine operational requirements.
- Provides input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Acts as a role model for Machine Operators in terms of attitude, machine asset care, troubleshooting, adherence to processes and decision making.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree preferred; or minimum of two years related experience and/or training
- Minimum of 2 years of CNC programming experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with troubleshooting machine mechanical systems required.
- Experience with technical drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing required.
- Understanding of calculations related to metal cutting (speeds, feeds, rpm, etc.).
- Experience with CNC equipment and related programming software is required.
- General CNC-ISO programming required (G codes/M codes) – Fanuc and/or Siemens desired
- Working knowledge CAD/CAM software required.
- Experience with Mastercam and CAD/CAM post processing desired
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize work-schedules and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Supports and operates in a proactive, safe, climate-controlled environment
- Mix of sitting and standing with up to 7 hours per day standing.
- Requires lifting and maneuvering fixtures, material and other equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Willing to adjust schedule to support 2nd, 3rd and weekend operations on occasion as needed.
- Standard working hours apply with potential for overtime as needed.
- Readiness to work in conditions that may be warm, cool and/or noisy along with exposure to oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.