Descripción del Trabajo
Directs all work assigned to Plant Maintenance Technicians according to priority decided by Plant Projects Engineer or the Plant Engineering Coordinator and/or the established maintenance program. All of this in the assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures that the work assigned to the technicians of the corresponding shift is done in its entirety and if necessary passes on a list of uncompleted work in process so that the following shift can continue the work or work that was not started during that shift.
· Supports initial planning of installation of new equipment (whether it is for production or of the plant), the moving and re-installation of existing equipment.
· Submits proposals to the department supervisor for improvements that can be made to service equipment, recommendations for energy savings, reduce consumption of water, gas, etc.
· Supervises all activities of preventive and corrective maintenance done to service equipment, of the plant or building, and varied work orders of the physical plant
· Ensures that maintenance is done according to the activities schedule and is based on the activities as outlined in the procedure.
· Establishes preventive maintenance programs
· Ensures the supply of spare parts for service equipment, submitting necessary purchase orders for the same.
· Identify training needs and conduct necessary training for Technicians to improve their performance.
· Provide uninterrupted facilities support to total plant operations.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.