Descripción del Trabajo
Working under limited supervision of Material Quote Manager, performs variety of quoting and analysis activities by working closely with Sector Quote Requesters, Global Sourcing Team and Business Unit to understand their specific needs better and support in the drive for excellence in quote performance, operating with the highest level of efficiency and integrity. Drive continuous improvement activities which aligned to the requirements of the Jabil System and standardization of global processes, tools, systems and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Know and understand other departmental so as to understand all necessary requirement of their needs
· Implement process accordingly in supporting departmental request.
· Support Commodities Quotation with exception of CR sourcing owners and with exception list.
· Assist in the development/enhancement of system tools to enhance quoting and sourcing processes.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. elimination of non-value-added processes or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Implement methodologies for effective problem solving and root cause analysis where applicable.
Recruitment and Retention:
· Coaching and mentoring of new Quote Analyst.
· Provide guidance to quote analyst to deliver quality support and value add to internal and external customers
· Maintain metrics for measuring necessary aspects of the quoting performances.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the Quote Analyst.
· Review Quote Analyst’s analysis, comparison and signoff process.
· Review quoting process, off cycle analysis and timelines to ensure process is in place and meet requestors’ deadlines.
· Liaise with other departments – Global Sourcing Team and Business Unit so as to understand all their necessary requirements and needs.
· Provide updates quotation, metrics and analysis activities.
· Ensure efficient and timely exchange of knowledge and information within the team to ensure best practices are shared.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge in custom mechanical such as Plastic Molding and Metal Fabrication/Stamping , machining tooling and ability to drive Costimator (tools for estimation) is essential for Mechanical quote.
· Knowledge in acquiring required data to obtain accurate quotes from the supply base and ensure that the required information is available and accurate from requestor(s) to enable accurate quotes analysis.
· Advanced PC skills and a strong quantitative background.
· Strong analytical and negotiation skills
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to converse and write in English. Knowing Mandarin is an added advantage.
· Good interpersonal skills, assertive, friendly and able to communicate with a wide array of individuals.
· Creative approach to problem solving: ability to think laterally drawing on experiences and knowledge of the organization and its control.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to be flexible on a number of work assignment changes, and meet changing deadlines.
· A high level of initiative, and the ability to work with little supervision if required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent post graduate or professional degree required, preferably in Business Studies/Administration/Management, or related discipline
· Minimum of five (5) years working experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain in a high volume electronics manufacturing environment.
· Applicable mechanical quotation experience is highly preferred.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.