Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Ireland, based in Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are hiring an experienced Quality Engineer to join our expanding Quality Team. This role involves:
- Support the NPI team in the identification, data analysis and resolution of issues in New Product Introduction
- Implement corrective/preventive actions for problem resolution and continuous improvement
- Implement the required quality documents and procedures to support the ongoing manufacturing process.
- Represent the quality function as technical support in the NPI Team
- Manage the TRI (Test rack Inspection) approval process for the first rack build with the Customer.
- Ensure the compliance of the NPI Process to Jabils’ Advanced Product Quality planning process.
- Actively promote quality awareness and support team building activities
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Develop and maintain QA plans and timeliness of global new product introductions.
- Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Support all global training programs specific to their customer by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
- Review all supplier, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts on NPI products
- Provide insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
- Assist in driving the standardization of manufacturing processes of global customer accounts.
- Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
- Act as product quality representative working with the customer and our design and manufacturing teams on new products
- Ensuring the best product is produced to meet capacity, reliability and design intents
- Lead PFMEA activities on new products to eliminate or reduce risks to product quality
- Participate in all NPIs reviews with customers taking the lead on all quality related workflows
- Coordinate with other functions and report status at various phase gates
- Lead the deployment of Quality Engineering tools for the effective and efficient development, transfer, and maintenance of products throughout the product life cycle.
- Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Interface with all departments as applied to the Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Computer literate with intermediate / Advanced MS Office skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Lean tools (FMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Value Stream mapping.)
- BS / BEng in mechanical engineering, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering or other technical related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.