Descripción del Trabajo
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Jabil is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Enterprise and Infrastructure division by applying unique and innovative approaches to solving problems of server solutions for our customers. You will be responsible for contributing to the end-to-end definition, development and POC validation of server and rack level solutions spanning multiple customers and manufacturing regions. You will also be responsible for interfacing with customers, sales, marketing, CTO, and product engineering teams to ensure your deliverables meet the creative solutioning and optimal performance expected of our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a trusted advisor to our sales team and customers regarding server and rack solutions with an emphasis on application, storage and networking performance.
- Conducts system-level testing and debug of servers, server solutions intended for customer proof of concept and validation support.
- Responsible for customer escalation support. Includes but is not limited to issue triage/technical resolution, supplier coordination/management and critical bug fix releases.
- Responsible for performing maintenance releases. Includes but not limited to technology transitions, continuity of supply additions, non-critical bug fixes and market approved vendor list additions.
- Constantly researching new technology or development tools to identify innovative techniques and processes for application to complex design projects.
- Domestic and/or International travel, up to 5%, may be required.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Engineering Services Manager
- Job is not directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Expertise with the architecture, design and configuration and deployment of server, storage and networking systems.
- Working knowledge of server products including embedded remote management standards, interfaces and applications.
- Expertise into all aspects of server and storage system performance, including raw, synthetic and application proxy workloads, performance analysis, debug and optimization from the device to the application level.
- Facilitation of test results databases and visualization technologies to enable rapid decision making and conclusions.
- Expertise with Linux operating systems, related applications and script development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BSEE, BSCS or equivalent
- 8+ years of related engineering experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environments.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced and ambiguous business environment.