Descripción del Trabajo
Direct Quality and FA Engineers Worldwide for Workcell Staff in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups with all Worldwide Workcell Members, regarding issues affecting, Quality, lean manufacturing, and six sigma quality initiatives on global customer accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Review and analyze field and manufacturing line component failures, and corrective actions; feedback to engineering; generate pareto and trend charts; drive corrective actions.
· Coordinate and generate failure analysis and corrective action reports for component issues.
· Review and guide component reliability testing, provide technical assistance in the testing and checking of assigned parts specialized fields such as physical, functional and environmental testing.
· Work with quality, production, manufacturing, suppliers and subcontractors to discuss and resolve quality aspects of specialized parts, materials and assemblies.
· DPM expectations are clearly communicated to the supply base
· Communicate changes in Jabil DPM expectations on a timely basis
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the Worldwide plant quality and functional management departments, associated with new quality initiatives (process control tools)
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Prepare and present customer presentations related to quality improvement initiatives.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Define, develop and implement Quality Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager & workcell manager on cost and cost trends.
· Review all supplier discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
· Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on component quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Detailed project planning skills
· Consulting skills with emphasis on customer acceptance, training, and partnering
· Familiarity with various triggering systems (i.e. DPMO, DPM, 3/5 rule etc..)
· Ability to lead team and interact with all levels of management in a matrixed and political environment
· Team player and flexibility to deal with ongoing change and customer resistance
· Technical savvy and knowledge of both IT applications and enterprise IT Infrastructure and Operations (Mfg, software and hardware)
· Guide part selection for new components and products and new component qualification.
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.