Descripción del Trabajo
Drive the compilation and maintenance of a list of site / workcell / market sector / industry requirements for their respective region. Drive the incorporation of these requirements into global systems and processes wherever possible
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in development of global systems, processes and tools ensuring that regional requirements / needs have been considered and incorporated wherever possible.
· Drive deployment of global systems, processes and tools within the region
· Provide input into RCM and CCM sourcing strategies utilizing supplier performance data and RSDE feedback.
· Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance within the region.
· Ensure that supplier development activities are identified, initiated utilizing the corrective action process, and progress is monitored / measured through monthly / quarterly scorecard reviews.
· Ensure that necessary activities are identified and executed for new suppliers / new products / new technologies that result in performance objectives being met prior to start of production, in support of JTS, Jabil site / workcell, etc… requirements and needs
· Provide systems assessment support as needed
· Provide support to other regions, as able, for supplier selection, development, issue investigation / resolution, etc… of suppliers within their respective region.
· Identify of existing and future resource needs within the Regional Supplier Development Engineering Team to support Jabil, workcell, site, JTS, RCM and CCM strategies and needs
· Provide input and support to sites regarding SQE needs (i.e. numbers, skills / capabilities, roles and responsibilities, etc…)
· Drive enhancements to global systems, processes and tools to support changing / evolving regional needs / requirements.
· Drive regional compliance to established global systems, processes and tools
· Ensure that global systems, processes and tools are communicated to the appropriate resources with the region
· Measure conformance and initiates actions when non-conformances are identified
· Ensure the development and maintenance of supplier technology capabilities (process and product) in support of current and future supply chain strategies and JTS current and future product technology requirements
· Drive the monitoring of potential environmental, legislative, regulatory requirements and determination of their potential impacts to suppliers and Jabil sites / workcells within the respective region.
· Determine and carry out the necessary activities to ensure supply chain compliance prior to required compliance date.
· Ensure an effective and efficient regionalized approach and process for component qualification / validation is in place that:
o Identify and communicates the requirements for component qualification / validation to the supplier.
o Identify required submission dates and drives on time submissions.
o Track supplier submission dates, progress and approvals.
o Provide timely review and approval.
· Ensure upload of approvals to Jabil AMPL.
· Drive corrective action for issues identified.
· Determine risk associated with identified issues and determines disposition in a timely manner to support production requirements.
· Lead the establishment of performance targets, goals and / or objectives for the region based on Jabil, workcell, site, RCM and CCM requirements.
· Coordinate activities within the Regional SDE team, driving focus on new product introduction and sustaining supplier
continuous performance improvement.
· Provide escalation support for resolution of issues once site and RSDE available actions have been exhausted.
· Develop and maintain supplier technology capabilities (process and product) in support of current and future supply chain strategies and JTS current and future product technology requirements.
· Perform the assigned functions of RSDE as needed / assigned.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Degree in a Technical Discipline (i.e. EE, ME, QE).
· With demonstrated technical expertise in one or more commodity fields.
· Plus 5 to 10 years Supplier Quality / Development Engineering experience.
· Plus 5 years experience in a Supplier Quality / Development Management role.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.