At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Descripción del Trabajo
The Toolmaker is responsible for the maintenance and repair of mould tooling
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manufacture and repair of jigs, fixtures, gauges etc. as required.
- Assist other departments as required including programmes, maintenance and assembly.
- Have the ability to dismantle, clean / repair and reassemble complex multi-impression tooling.
- Experience of basic mould problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting & cooling problems.
- Maintain accurate computerised records as part of the company’s preventive maintenance program.
- Support the spare parts inventory system through assigning of all parts used and scheduled stocktakes.
- Experience in setting up and operating lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines and surface grinders.
- Interpret drawings, evaluate machining methods on assignments and assist other toolmakers and apprentices in the operation and setup of toolroom equipment.
- Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Observe all health and safety requirements including LOTO procedures and maintain any work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified Time Served Toolmaker.
- 3 years’ experience in an Injection Moulding Environment.
- Ability to operate manual spark erosion machine.
- Experience in a cGMP environment desirable.
- Experience with hot runner system maintenance an advantage.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.