Descripción del Trabajo
The Technical Business Development Manager (Tech BD) has proven success in the areas of creating and selling technical solutions in the areas of Design, VAVE, Test Development, Manufacturing. The role is responsible for coordinating Product Domain Strategies and leveraging Jabil’s global technical capabilities. This role helps to grow business through profitable technical solutions and engagement wins. The Manager of Tech BD also provides guidance to relevant engineering teams.
- Technical Business Development: Actively support the Sales Team involving complex technical requirements, serving as the lead “technical engineering” point of contact in customer relationships.
- Product Domain: Coordinates specific Product Domains by working with an internal team on the domain analysis, including market and competitive landscape assessments.
- Capabilities Management: Knows Jabil’s capabilities and leverages them for assigned customers/BU’s. Build/maintain a capabilities network.
- Captures requirements of technology road maps. Assists in developing and implementing strategic direction for the divisional Engineering teams.
- Technically develops, manages and delivers highly complex technology solutions for proposals/quotes, including: responding to functional/technical elements of RFP’s, developing complex detailed Statements of Work (SOW), business proposals, project schedules/financials.
- Provide input to and support execution of account plans.
- Serves as primary point of contact for early supplier involvement on new customer R & D projects.
- Knows and understands the assigned Business Unit (BU)’s strategic directions. Identifies BU’s strategic and technical direction.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with existing and potential third‑party suppliers of hardware and software solutions.
- Maintain an awareness of the evolving marketplace including new technologies that could be beneficial to integrate into Jabil’s solution suite.
- Develops good relationships with technical counterparts at the assigned customer (Sr Engineering Level)
- Oversees initiatives for technical internal capabilities.
- Presents and sells Jabil’s technology to assigned customer or program. Must be professional and comfortable doing presentations to external senior level engineers.
- Develop a broad and deep knowledge of relevant projects underway within the business.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to technical management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent technical skills (i.e. engineering, R & D, product design/development per assigned sector or customer) to align Jabil division with customer’s technology road map
- Knowledge and good understanding of Jabil and divisional site capabilities.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Surgical Robotics.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications
- Basic financial skill knowledge and aptitude.
- Basic leadership/people-management skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and e-mail skills required.
Education & Background
- Bachelors degree preferably in business or in engineering
- Industry experience with Surgical Robotics is required.
- Minimum 8 years work-related experience, preferably in Engineering or Technology fields (i.e. R & D, product design/development, road map processes, commercial process technologies, etc.).
- Previous experience in a Sr. Technical Engineering role preferred.