Descripción del Trabajo
Performs complex metrology inspection on all types of machined products (small, medium to large, complex parts) to ensure quality levels are met at pre-ship and at the final stages of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes intricate visual and measurement inspections of complex pre-ship and/or finished products to ensure conformance with quality standards.
- Verifies correct machine set-up prior to running production.
- Reads appropriate documentation from a broad range of materials.
- Performs inspections (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection).
- Applies knowledge of GD&T and interpretation of customer prints & Jabil Quality Control Standards and procedures in determining pass/fail of inspected parts or assemblies.
- Accesses customer quality inspection procedures, communicates with lead & or supervisor regarding inspection and quality issues, and Direct Fulfillment in-process Inspections.
- Determines cause and effect of defects, and refers findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
- Reviews solutions or refers unacceptable product to Quality Supervisor for further action.
- Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
- Trains other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
- Ensures parts conform to customer quality standards. Moves parts to workstation for inspection, as necessary.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Quality Supervisor
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Has developed expertise in function, typically through a combination of job-related training and extensive work experience.
- Completes task in a resourceful manner using specialized skills.
- Works on assignments of non-routine nature.
- Determines methods of inspection on newly introduced product.
- May be an informal team leader.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, supervisors and the engineering group.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a CMM including using handheld measurement tools and Blue print reading.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Calypso CMM software.
- Ability to write Nonconformance reports. Read and understand customer cosmetic specs.
- Ability to apply common sense on customer measurement features.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to interpret customer drawings and GD&T.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 6+ years experience in a relevant CNC shop and semiconductor products.
- Advanced PC Skills, training and experience in applicable CMM software packages.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.