Descripción del Trabajo
Develops new ECAD designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and validates ECAD design of a complex nature.
- Independently develops PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Collaborate with cross functional project team to review and clarify design requirements and translates them into design implementation.
- Independently complete the requirement analysis, design rule setting and verification, and release design output document.
- Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
- Communicates complex technical aspects of a project effectively to project team and/or customers, collects and incorporates feedback into design specifications.
- Identifies design innovations and potential patentable solutions.
- Analyzes the change contents of BOM, document, components, etc., facilitates and monitors the change management process in PDM system.
- Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate degree Electrical or Electronics Engineering/Technology or related major.
- Awareness of hardware design and PCB layout design development methodology and tools
- Awareness of ECAD specializations or competencies: EDA tools and workflows, PDM system and workflows, automation and programming, electronics component packaging, etc.
- Awareness of Component types and PCBA MFG process related Land patterns
- Working knowledge of DFM restrictions/requirements on PCB fabrication, stackup definition, PCB assembly processes and PCBA test process.
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, IPC, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of ECAD specializations or competencies: EDA tools and workflows, PDM system and workflows, automation and programming, electronics component packaging, SI/PI, EMI, Safety, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DFM restrictions/requirements on PCB fabrication, PCB assembly processes and PCBA test process, Substrate materials, MFG equipment and Process means and Methods
- Working knowledge of issue root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Working knowledge on qualification and developing/calculating of Component types and PCBA MFG process related Land patterns
- Influence others and share best practices
- You have excellent English writing and communication skills and use them in calls which you set up to have technical discussions with peers, customers, suppliers and manufacturing to debate the design of a specific component using snapshots and complex subjects expressed in readable texts and graphs
- Work as part of a global team on internal and external customer projects
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of ECAD design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 5+ years’ experience in ECAD design or other key competencies
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience