Descripción del Trabajo
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Sourcing Strategy Manager (SSM) should understand the Enterprise and Infrastructure (E&I) Division Sourcing, Commodity Management and Project Management teams, Jabil’s global infrastructure/capabilities, and the assigned sector. The SSM is the focal point for all Sourcing activities for the sector and is responsible for stimulating, fostering, and managing the organic growth of commodity content within the sector. The SSM will be the conduit between existing and targeted customers, Jabil BU/BD, Design, and the E&I teams for commodity activity throughout the supply chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Responsible to develop customer specific supplier and supply chain solutions for mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical commodities. Define solutions for existing and new business opportunities and intra-Jabil site transfers.
· Understand current customer’s product and future product road map to create value proposition concepts. Align with BD teams to launch value propositions projects.
· Define supplier strategies across multiple geographies.
· Assist BD in revenue generation through developing an in depth understanding of each BU’s specific business needs, translating those needs into tasks for the E&I Sourcing teams and developing differentiated supply chain solutions for the sector BU’s and customers.
· Develop, publicize and deploy a cohesive sector based strategy for sector specific products
o Define a supply base that is valuable and effective for the sector
o Direct RFQs to sector specific suppliers
o Develop winning value propositions that add value for our customers
· Initiate/monitor involvement between the E&I Sourcing teams and Jabil’s engineering teams.
· Maintain effective prioritization and delegation of sector based initiatives
· Project Mgt. oversight of commodity project initiatives within the sector as a single point of contact, covering mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical commodities.
o Leverage the expertise of the Commodity Mgrs to define effective supplier solutions.
· Develop and maintain gap analysis for Jabil/customer design requirements with supplier capabilities
· Utilize E&I Sourcing teams to identify process inefficiencies/vendor capabilities
· Drive the Divisional Sourcing teams to carry out the necessary Supplier Development to fill process gaps and unique customer process challenges
· Understand customer qualification requirements for new products and oversea execution through regional management
· Facilitate resolution of supplier quality issues and escalations.
· Utilize E&I Divisional resources to advise designers of lower-cost material or assembly approaches, and sit it in on design reviews as required
· Develop pricing strategies for production, design, and quoting activities
· Provide the sector critical part numbers for inclusion in the quarterly negotiation cycle.
· Define, develop and make effective use of cost analysis tools
o Help develop a quick RFQ process, based on segment knowledge and direct suppliers with accurate target pricing
· Provide guidance on price trends
· Ensure open communication and exchange of team ideas
· Promote vision, professionalism and a customer centric culture
· Build effective relationships with Sector VP and Director, BUD/BUM’s, GBUMM’s, peers, team members, and related departments
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrate a high level of competency in the knowledge of materials, tooling, and processing for Metal/Plastic/Packaging & hardware components and assemblies (both internally and externally with our customers)
· Demonstrated success in identifying and developing a common strategy around the customer and Business Unit needs within the sector
· Strong ability to collaborate with peers in other areas and management to reach the best solution for the organization
· Able to maximize the use of available resources to achieve the best results consistent with the sector objectives and strategy
· Strong ability to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions, and interpret results for use in decision-making
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate technical drawings and specifications.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to tailor advanced quality tools training to all levels of the organization.
· Proficiency in English required. Multilingual a plus.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required; related technical field preferred
· Minimum eight (8) years related work experience
· Prior supply chain management role and Jabil experience preferred
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
In addition to the standard SSM job description, other requirements might be added to recognize some specific topics for key business units in the Industrial sector.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $96,598 - $139,869 - $183,250. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.