Descripción del Trabajo
As a Lead Engineer, you will be able to technically lead the entire cross functional design team on their interactions and responsibilities for that project. A Lead Engineer is responsible for ensuring the phase gate technical milestones are met, is the leader of technical reviews, and is responsible for making sure that the specification requirements inputs and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing product into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will represent Jabil Design Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
- Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
- At the appropriate process phase gates, drive the delivery of a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc
- Lead all elements of electrical engineering including design reviews, design verification requirement & Spec developments, implementation, supply chain & supplier feedback, requirements for implementation, transfer to design and manufacturing team. Mentoring Sr. Design Engineers and below
- Provide onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Support management in identifying internal and external resources to support product development/analysis
- Would be considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field of competency (preferably automotive inverter designs).
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
SPECIFIC DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of functional safety and being able to implement this into designs.
- Knowledge of automotive HV electronics (in relation to design, test and release activities)
- Knowledge of high power design and PCB techniques
- Knowledge of general automotive processes and quality processes (FMEA, FMEDA,…)
- Strong focus on design quality (EMC, derating, …)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop
mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Master degree in Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum of 8 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2-3 years experience as a SR Design Engineer (preferably high power electronics)
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
This role it to be located in Wroclaw, Poland with a possibility of some degree of hybrid working