Descripción del Trabajo
Implements new processes including new material development, characterization, and production. Ensures new product research and development results are in line with company goals and meets customer needs. Utilizes state of the art equipment to carry out experiments to create, analyze, and scale new materials according to test plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Follows program schedule to develop new materials including chemical intermediates, polymers, and polymer composites.
· Develops chemical liquid and/or materials formulas for new technology requirements and operates testing equipment. Produces equipment for new products to align with project goals.
· Ensures accuracy of standard operating procedures (SOP), and operation documents.
· Develop and document new processes for production and form factor conversion of new materials.
· Edits and analyzes Design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) & Process failure mode and effects analysis (PFMEA) & Control Plan (CP) of new production processes to enhance yield rate and reduce production risk.
· Verifies new developing processes, and continually improves technical processes to ensure project can achieve target.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of chemistry and materials science.
· Advanced knowledge of organic and inorganic material theory.
· Experience in synthesis of polymers and polymer composites.
· Skilled in various analysis, equipment operation, and results analysis.
· Ability to operate material-processing equipment(s), and analyze testing results.
· Capable of planning various experiments.
Priority given to candidates with degrees in Polymer Science or Materials Science with a focus in Polymers. Priority given to candidates with advanced degrees.