Descripción del Trabajo
*** Pay rates start at $18.00.***
Build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
Our Monument facility is one of the largest orthopedic manufacturing sites in the world producing surgical nails and screws for internal fixation of broken bones. These fixation and stabilization implants are used in surgical procedures to facilitate the healing of damaged or diseased bone in patients, delivering life-changing medical innovation.
Come build your career with Jabil! We challenge and empower you to make most of your talents, working with outstanding colleagues from diverse backgrounds who share your drive and passion to make Jabil grow!
Under direct supervision, responsible for the manufacture or packaging of medical devices to ensure on-time shipments of a quality product in compliance with quality system standards. May setup and operate manufacturing equipment (including cutting, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, chemical finishing, or laser etching ) or the assembly of manufactured medical device parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Learn and retain process requirements and metrics in assigned area to meet safety, quality, compliance and production goals as well as training requirements
- Uses software to retrieve and print proper paperwork as needed
- Completes all necessary documentation, using Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Documentation Practices (reviews and corrects documentation errors as required)
- Completion of documentation as required by the process, inspection sheets and work instructions
- Uses various types of measuring instruments including gauges, micrometers, calipers, and comparators
- May perform basic quality auditing, testing, and troubleshooting functions.
- Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized.
- Learn and understand lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, etc.).
- Participate in and understand all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment
- Perform preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks as it pertains to the assigned
- Understand work direction communicated verbally and through visual aids and set-up sheets.
- Work during assigned shift schedule and meet associated attendance requirements to work extra hours when required by business needs
- Train other employees up to your competency level
- Demonstrate consistency in results
- Must be able to engage with others in a positive and constructive manner that is conducive to good teamwork in a production environment
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Adhere to all safety rules and use required protective equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Machine Operator
- Perform routine equipment set-up, operation, and adjustment.
- Coordinate with other team members to set up machines according to set-up sheets.
- Ensure board loader and feeders are continually kept loaded with the correct parts and prepares for next part run by loading feeders for next run before needed.
- Maintain orderly work area by tubing fallout parts, and cleaning area and machines as needed.
- Monitor machine rejects to assure that parts are being sorted and ran on a daily basis.
- Follow process sheets, perform first piece inspections and in process quality checks
- Type of equipment can be, but not limited to, CNC or manual lathe, mills, grinders, chemical finishing, or laser etching , and packaging equipment etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Packaging Operator
- Conducts physical inventory in the designated area
- Pulls necessary material from flow racks and bin locations
- Generate labels, seals, packages, boxes and palletizes, sterile and/or nonsterile medical products, using various equipment including sealers, auto baggers and shrink wrappers
- Performs assembly and/or kitting of medical products
- Works in clean room environment to package medical product
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain all required job-related certifications.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts. Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, loading, and unloading of parts is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $10.06 - $14.58 - $19.10. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.