Descripción del Trabajo
Analyze customers designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drive cross functional (project) teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently develops alternate proposals of hardware design applications of a complex nature.
- Analyze and provides optimization proposals on all aspects of electronic circuits with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture and translates them into design update proposals.
- Independently de-assembles products for teardown and reverse engineering purposes.
- Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
- Communicates complex technical aspects of a project effectively to customers, and incorporates feedback into optimization proposals
- May execute Component Engineering activities such as alternate expansion, cost reduction, etc
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of EE design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE or equivalent experience)
- Multiple years experience in hardware design
- Experience in automotive or transportation area would be a plus
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.