Descripción del Trabajo
A Sr Design for Manufacturing Engineer has a wide-ranging base of PCBA manufacturing experience developing and implementing processes including box build, stencil design, thermal profiling, etc. They will have mastered technology specific to their area of competence. Will have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications. Capable of being the lead DFx engineer involved in a cross functional team. May be a regional expert that coaches and trains local DFx engineers. They will be able to be the lead DFx engineer on a team focused on solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines. Will have previous experience of releasing a product into a manufacturing production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and be able to explain the concept and requirements of DFx with it’s closed loop relationship to design and its goal of improving manufacturability to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to negotiate improvements with design groups balancing time, money and scope of changes identified by DFx review while documenting agreements based on design requirements.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Represent Jabil Dfx team in technical customer discussions / meetings
- Work with Project Managers and Lead DFx Engineer or higher in the quoting process
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules
- May support the development and utilization of processes for design/manufacturing
- Mentoring Manufacturing DFX engineers as well as ECAD designers
- May provide onsite technical support for manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases
- Utilize quality data and collection methods to help identify systemic or trending quality issues that lead to DFx findings supported by data and found in similar products.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective
- Supports the development and utilization of processes for design/VAVE.
- Participates in all elements of VAVE engineering including design reviews, teardowns and design verification, supply chain & supplier interaction, transfer to design/manufacturing.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Broad base of PCBA manufacturing experience developing and implementing processes including SMT, PTH, wave solder, box build, stencil design, thermal profiling, materials, cleaning processes, cleanliness requirements etc.
- Knowledge of Valor Trilogy or ability to learn the software or NPI software
- Raw PCB fabrication knowledge (stack ups, materials, processes, documentation requirements, etc...)
- Comprehensive knowledge of DFx concepts for test, manufacturability and assembly
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Design Profit or Boothroyd DFMA or equivalent software
- Comprehensive Knowledge of PTC Creo or Solidworks or equivalent 3D MCAD software
- Ability to interpret an electronic schematic
- Comprehensive knowledge of PCBA repair
- Comprehensive knowledge of PCBA manufacturing and support equipment/tools(thermal profiling, etc)
- Comprehensive knowledge of design requirements and guidelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of common manufacturing issues
- Ability to recognize the difference between a process and a design issue
- Ability to maximize array utilization for fabrication house production panel
- Comprehensive knowledge of bill of materials and manufacturing documentation
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Ideally 5-10 years experience in all processes of PCBA manufacturing. Including but not limited to thermal profiling (reflow and solder wave), solder paste printing, rework/repair, HLA, depaneling
- With a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Manufacturing DFx Engineer
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.