Descripción del Trabajo
The role of Test Fixture Design Engineer is to support Manufacturing Test Fixture Design and Development Projects for Test system deployment to factories in Asia to meet company business activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the design and development of test fixture hardware and electronics for manufacturing test system deployment.
o Understand product test requirement, to proposal test fixture design for manufacturing test system.
o Read and understand product mechanical drawing and dimension and identify/proposed critical area of product design optimization for manufacturing test fixture design during product ESI/NPI stage.
o Read and understand product mechanical drawing and dimension and design test fixture to engage product accurately for testing with engagement interface for test point, B2B connector probing, probe pin, connectors, audio jack and air-driven mechanical plungers.
o Analyze product mechanical actuation requirement and design air-driven mechanical plunger and its related electronic relay to depress accurately on required position of a product during mass manufacturing test.
o Design and enhance test fixture from semi-automated single unit test to fully automate multiple unit test prior to product mass ramp.
o Perform system integration and debug and conduct system repeatability through GRnR and CPK study and conduct test fixture optimization to meet system release criteria.
o Design or work with automation vendor to automate the test fixture with robotic handler when applicable.
o Conduct research into fine-pitch B2B connector probing, flex-circuit, test probe pin for optimal test fixture design.
o Conduct research into new technology and methodology for fixture design for better accuracy, usability, flexibility of test fixture.
o Brainstorm and provide ideas, suggestions and solution to the various approach of testing a product through innovative and comprehensive test fixture design.
• Responsible for project deployment into production and support activities.
o Ability to setup and debug test fixture timely for pilot builds.
o Ability to support factory pilot build, identify fixture and product-fixture mechanical dimension issues and track to closure.
o Assist factory (when needed) in identifying and rectifying test fixture related technical issues during mass productions.
o Ability to identify and resolve test fixture issues effectively with little assistance/guidance.
• Interacting with teams
o Able to work effectively within different cross-functional teams within the company.
o Able to communicate and co-work with customers on product-fixture specification.
• Traveling and onsite support
o Able to conduct business travel both within Asia and to USA during project pilot build.
• Bachelor Degree/Msc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of working experience on test fixture design or equivalent working experience for a manufacturing environment.
• Test fixture Design and Test automation exposure and experience for mass manufacturing test system.
• Good technical and analytical skill with ability to perform fixture mechanical debug, alignment and setup effectively
• Experience with Audio, RF, Touch test fixture design will be an advantage
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE SKILLS -- Oral & Written
• Converse, read and write fluently in English, Mandarin as the role required to communicate and liaise with Mandarin speaking stakeholders / suppliers.
• Ability to communicate clearly across cross-functional team within Jabil or external customer/vendors.
• Response professionally/Technically to common inquiries from customers.
• Effectively present information to internal teams and management and is a good team player.